By Using This Site, You Accept The Terms of this Policy
Please read this Acceptable Usage Policy carefully and ensure that you understand it before using this website. This Acceptable Usage Policy sets out standards which apply to your use of this website, www.janetwalker.net (“My Site”) when communicating via my Site, uploading User Content, or otherwise interacting with it. It is recommended that you print a copy of this Policy for your future reference.
Your agreement to comply with this Policy is indicated by your use of my website. If you do not agree to this Policy, you must stop using my website immediately.
The following documents also apply to your use of my website:
My Terms & Conditions, available at: https://janetwalker.net/terms-and-conditions/
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
“content” or “Content” means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases, and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of my website;
“User” means a user of my website; and
“My/We/Us/Our” means Janet Walker Virtual Assistance
2. Information About Me / Janet Walker Virtual Assistance
This website is owned and operated by Janet Walker of Janet Walker Virtual Assistance. My correspondence address is Suite 150, Hill House, 210 Upper Richmond Road, Putney, London SW15 6NP.
3. How to Contact Me
If you have any questions about my website, please use the following details for the attention of Janet Walker.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 07799 068 539
Postal Address: Suite 150, Hill House, 210 Upper Richmond Road, Putney, London SW15 6NP
4. Changes to this Policy
I may alter the terms of this Policy at any time. If I do so, details of the changes will be highlighted at the top of this page. As explained above, your use of my website constitutes your acceptance of this Policy. Consequently, any changes made to this Policy will apply to your use of my website the first time you use it after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page every time you use my website.
If any part of the current version of this Policy conflicts with any previous version(s), the current version shall prevail unless I explicitly state otherwise.
5. Acceptable Usage of My Site
You may only use my website in a lawful manner:
- You must ensure that you comply fully with any and all local, national, or international laws and regulations that apply;
- You must not use my website in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- You must not use my website to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind;
- You must not use my website to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit unauthorised or unsolicited marketing or similar material (commonly referred to as “spam”);
- You must not use my website to bully, threaten, harass, intimidate, insult, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- You must not use my website to harm or attempt to harm minors in any manner; and
- You must not using my website that does not comply with the content standards set out below in Part 7.
6. Interactive Services
The following interactive services are available on my website:
a) Facebook Widgets
b) Online surveys or polls
If I provide any kind of interactive service, clear information will be provided about that service. In particular, I will inform you of any moderation and whether that moderation is automated or carried out by people.
I reserve the right to moderate any user-generated content on my website, including comments, messages, and other forms of content. My moderation policies are designed to ensure that the content on my website is respectful, appropriate, and in compliance with my policies and applicable laws and regulations.
I may use automated moderation tools, such as filters or algorithms, to identify and remove content that violates my policies. I may also use manual moderation, carried out by myself or a moderator, to review and remove content that violates my policies.
If you believe that your content has been wrongly moderated, please contact me to request a review. However, please note that I reserve the right to make final decisions regarding the moderation of content on my website.
I use reasonable efforts to carry out risk assessments for any interactive services that I may offer in order to determine the risks posed to Users from third parties and, on the basis of those risk assessments, decide whether to implement moderation and, if so, what kind.]
Not withstanding reasonable efforts to carry out risk assessments I am under no obligation to monitor, moderate, or in any other manner oversee any interactive services provided on my website. I hereby exclude any and all liability for any loss or damage arising out of the use of such interactive services by a User who breaches the content standards set out below in Part 7, whether I monitor the interactive service or not.
Minors may not use the interactive service(s) provided on my website.
6a. Use of Facebook Widgets
The Facebook widget is a feature of my website that allows users to interact with my Facebook page and view content from my Facebook page. By using this widget, users agree to comply with the following rules:
- Users must have a valid Facebook account to use the widget.
- Users must comply with Facebook’s terms of service and community standards when using the widget.
- Users must not use the widget to post or share any content that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Users must not use the widget to collect or harvest any personal data from my website or from other users of the widget.
- Users must not use the widget to engage in any activity that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the widget or my website.
- Users must not use the widget to impersonate any person or entity, or to falsely represent their affiliation with any person or entity.
- Users must not use the widget to engage in any activity that violates any applicable law or regulation.
- Users must report any misuse of the widget to myself directly.
I reserve the right to suspend or terminate any user’s access to the widget at any time, for any reason, without notice.
7. Content Standards
When communicating via my website, or otherwise interacting with my website, you must not submit, communicate, or otherwise do anything that:
- is sexually explicit;
- in any way sexualises minors (including, but not limited to, child sexual abuse material);
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful, or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes, encourages, incites, or supports acts of terrorism;
- promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- is defamatory of another person;
- bullies, insults, intimidates, or humiliates another person;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group, or class of persons; race; nationality; gender; gender identity; sexual orientation; religious or philosophical beliefs; disability; or age;
- is intended or otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or otherwise likely to deceive;
- is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy or otherwise uses their personal information in a way that you do not have a right to;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents your identity or affiliation in a way that is calculated to deceive [(obvious parodies are not included in this definition provided that they do not breach any of the other content standards in this Part 7)];
- implies any form of affiliation with Us or any other party where there is none;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, designs, patents, trade marks, and database rights) belonging to Us or any other party;
- is in breach of any legal duty owed to another party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
When communicating via my website uploading User Content, or otherwise interacting with my website, you must ensure that your communication or submission:
- is truthful and accurate (where you are stating facts);
- states only genuinely held opinions; and
- complies fully with any and all local, national, or international laws and regulations that apply.
8. Breaches of this Policy
a) Suspend or terminate your right to use my website;
b) Remove, either temporarily or permanently, your communication or other submission from my website;
c) Issue you with a written warning;
d) Take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
e) Take further legal action against you, as appropriate;
f) Disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as I deem reasonably necessary; and/or
g) Any other actions which I deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
I hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions that I may take (including, but not limited to those set out above in Part 8) in response to your breach.
User-generated content is taken seriously, and I strive to provide a safe and respectful environment for all users of my website. If you come across any content that violates my policies, please report it to me using the contact details in section 3.
To ensure that my policies are up-to-date and effective, I regularly review and update my guidelines based on feedback from clients and users, industry best practices, and legal requirements. I also monitor my performance metrics and take-down procedures to ensure that we are responding promptly and appropriately to reported content.
If you have any questions or concerns about our reporting process or content policies, please contact me using the contact details in section 3.
9. Law and Jurisdiction
This Policy, and the relationship between you and myself (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law of the United Kingdom.
If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in Part 9.1 takes away from or reduces your legal rights as a consumer.
If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings, or claim between you and myself relating to this Policy or to the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
If you are a business user, any dispute, controversy, proceedings, or claim between you and Us relating to this Policy or to the relationship between you and myself (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.